Mexican man sentenced to over 12 years for drug crimes in Hawaii
Juan Carlos Espinoza Lopez, 49, had been deported four times but returned to the United States. Read more
Juan Carlos Espinoza Lopez, 49, had been deported four times but returned to the United States. Read more
No firearms or other weapons were recovered, police said. Read more
A second person wanted in connection with a March 16 shootout in Waikiki that shattered a store window and rattled the community turned himself in Tuesday. Read more
A police officer, a 4-year-old child and two other people were taken to a hospital Wednesday after speeding contributed to a crash that caused several collisions on Farrington Highway in Nanakuli, according to the Honolulu Police Department. Read more
At about 8:40 a.m., a “critical multi-vehicle collision” occurred on Farrington Highway near Helelua Street in Nanakuli. Read more
Dustin Hill, 24, was indicted May 16 on one count of sexual exploitation of a child. Read more
Stay in touch with breaking news, as it happens, conveniently in your email inbox. It's FREE!
Guzman also admitted that in June 2024, he possessed a privately made firearm, known as a “ghost gun,” loaded with 15 hollow point rounds. Guzman admitted he used the gun to guard his drug dealing. Read more
Jillian Pecika’s attorney, Michael Green, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that his client is “remorseful.” Read more
A 46-year-old Maui anesthesiologist allegedly told his eldest son that he tried to kill his wife on an Oahu hiking trail and accused her of having an affair, according to state court documents. Read more
Pelletier said a photo purporting to show him walking behind Combs at the 2018 Super Bowl that was offered as an exhibit in the lawsuit is not him. Read more
Two Mexican nationals illegally in Hawaii and the U.S. after repeated deportations were indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury, according to court documents. Read more
The prosecutions come after “sting operations to identify and arrest distributors of illegal fireworks,” according to the AG. Read more
The center had been without federal funds since Trump took over the government. It has been burning through its financial reserves to stay afloat. Read more
The victims, between the ages of 11 and 17, met their abusers on social media, online gaming portals and dating applications during the past four months. Read more
Their bail is set at $15,000 each. Read more
Mahina Bactad, 29, entered into a plea agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice on Feb. 15, 2024, and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct justice. Read more
The state objected to the deferred sentence, according to the state Department of the Attorney General, and Frederick Ku Kamaka, Jr., the former business manager of Kamaka Hawaii, Inc., the oldest ukulele manufacturer in Hawaii, pled guilty Mar. 5 before Judge Erika Ireland. Read more
Maui Police Chief John Lawrence Pelletier was named in an amended civil complaint filed Friday in federal court in Northern California by one of Combs’ alleged victims. Read more
Maui Police Department Chief John Lawrence Pelletier was named in an amended civil complaint filed Friday in federal court in northern California by one of Diddy’s alleged victims. Read more
The chief of the Maui Police Department was named alongside a former NFL All-Pro wide receiver, a comedian and others as part of a new slate of allegations in the ongoing sexual assault saga of jailed rap mogul Sean “P. Diddy” Combs. Read more
The girl was in the custody of another family two months before she was adopted and allegedly beaten, neglected and killed by Sina Pumehana Pili, 39, a behavioral health specialist and senior class adviser at Kahuku High and Intermediate School. Read more